- I have to post these rules before I give you the facts about me.
- Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. Did I tell you all that I had my head shaved recently? Well, part of it. A small section. I had a thing (wart, mole, cyst, Bump of Generosity, whatever) that has been bugging me, and the dermatologist who looked at it said that it looked safe (i.e. non-cancerous) but if I was picking at it, that was enough reason to remove it. (He doesn't want me scratching my head raw, evidently.) They're going to biopsy it just to be on the safe side but I'm not worried. You can hardly notice the shaved-ness. If I had the guts, or could be sure I wouldn't look too Uncle Fester-like, I would just go for broke and shave my head completely.
2. I'm the youngest in the family. By a lot. So when I make jokes about my parents not getting that crazy newfangled rock-n-roll and how shocked they were by the appearance of Elvis on the scene, um, I'm actually not kidding.
3. I have a passel of nieces and nephews. They've passed the cute stage but not really become people yet. Except for the eldest, who is a music ed major at a local Cal State school. Can I tell you how depressing it was to teach last year, looking at my students who were her age and remembering when she was born? Yeah, good times.
4. I'm a child of the desert. I have technically lived in many states as a baby and was born in the City of Brotherly Love, but all the places I remember living have been in the southwest. Now having traveled around a bit more, I can actually say that it's true when those obnoxious people tell you "it's hot, but at least it's a dry heat." Humidity is a foreign element to me (I can just see where I will get a t-t job eventually, eh?) ---- I just love the way you can step out the door in the desert and instantly all moisture is wicked off your body and out of the inside of your nose. Ahh! That's not to say I haven't seen my share of snow; it's really the mugginess that I dread.
5. Favorite slightly disgusting thing to eat: stale popcorn, especially the cheddar-dusted kind. What could be better than some popcorn for breakfast the next morning after movie night (that is, if there is anything left)? It squeaks on your teeth --- how could you not love that?
6. And while we're on movies: I am incredibly strange and uptight about planning movie-watching. I have to be in "the movie-watching mood"; I can never just turn on the tv or throw in a movie without a lot of mental preparation. Seriously: we're talking a day or two of lead-up. Sad and weird but true. (this may explain why I can only watch plot-free tv shows while flipping around.)
7. I have been barefoot for most of my life. I'll put on some shoes if you really want me to, but otherwise I'm putting some slip ons somewhere near my feet so that I can pretend I had them on just a minute ago. This is regardless of weather, although if it's actually snowing I will probably have something on. However, I constantly lust after big difficult-to-put-on boots, the more leather and lacings and doo-dads the better. I know it is a love that will not work, for I can never be bothered to lace anything up or struggle putting it on, but the passion is there nonetheless.
8. Favorite color: loud. What do you mean that's not a color? I have to pick just one? Look, if it's not fire engine red, or electric blue, or a vivid green or any loud shade of what-have-you, I'm not interested. Patterns, now that's a different story. I'll go unearth one of my favorite childhood photos to demonstrate to everyone why I am terrified of patterns and clashing.
Now I'm supposed to tag people but I think everyone has gone already. Aiiiiggghh! Someone tag themselves and let me avoid the agony of indecision, people!