2) Have been having trouble sleeping, I think. Day before yesterday I got to bed late after watching a cool but not very scary movie about vampires. Then, of course, I couldn't sleep. ("Ooh, I could write a much scarier vampire movie" is not a good meditation for drowsing off.) That meant yesterday I was in such a fog that I gave up and went home in the early afternoon (I should note that I did get a couple good hours out in the morning.), and I was unable to work or read all evening, and went to bed early. That meant that at about 3, and then 4, and then more permanently at 5 in the morning, I was wide awake and tossing in my bed. Now I am tired and worn out and off my sleep schedule.
3) Number 2 means, of course, that I needed a nap this morning instead of going straight off to school. I had to go put the cats on my head myself instead of them wanting to come nap with me. I tell you, it's a sad day when your own cats don't want to sleep on your head.
4) I can't tell if my room is making the sleeping worse. Can it be both stuffy and cold? Cause I was going back and forth by the minute last night, covers on and off. I don't know that the fan will help, but I might unearth it from the closet.
5) I saw the movie Goya's Ghosts over the weekend and loved it. Then I noticed in the reviews online that I was probably the only person who did like it. Either I have no taste or I just love Goya's etchings so much I would be happy with any movie based on them, whatever the quality. Maybe I'll do a later post about what I liked about it.
6) Still not done on Project freakin' 2. Where are the helpful elves who do your work when you sleep when you need them? Oh. Stupid sleeplessness --- it's messing everything up.
7) Good teaching is all about recovery, how fast you can adapt to whatever craziness explodes into your classroom and messes up all your plans (it's kinda like olympic ice skating in that way). I guess writing is all about recovery too --- let's see, how can I salvage today and get some more stuff revised? Maybe iced coffee and a cool(ish) coffee shop would help.
Ok then, time for still more caffeine! Wish me luck and don't let the cats eat the dissertation elves if they decide to come over.