watching paint dry. To wit,
1) it is boring as all hell.
2) it is slow as all hell as well,
3) I can't make myself stay awake during either project,
4) it makes a complete mess of your room or work area,
5) if you get frustrated and jump the gun you have to do the whole damn thing over again, only this time while leaving painty fingerprints everywhere you go,
6) people's eyes glaze over when you describe either process and begin simply asking you, "is it done yet?" the first thing when they see you in the halls.
7) it's necessary, but people will only really notice and comment on it if you end up doing a bad job.
And with that people, screw the diet ---- I'm going off to eat decadent food at a coffeeshop and hope that it keeps me at least semi-alert. I had originally promised myself that I would go out to my friend's birthday party tonight if I finished. Now the goal is to get it up to everything but proofing before hitting the bar ---- I'm not going to catch any editing mistakes when I'm this lethargic.