So, memes, much like Ponzi pyramid schemes, evidently run their course a short while before crashing and burning and taking the general economy down with them. Maude Lebowski, Belle, and Adjunct Whore have all tagged me for the seven meme, along possibly with others that I can't remember anymore due to the repeated taggings to the head that have left me dizzy and gasping on the floor. You people sure like to gang up on a cog!
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
So alrighty then, let's see if I can remember what I've told you and what I haven't:
1. I'm overdue for a haircut. I have one tuft of hair that insists, when not properly coated with hair product, on sticking out from the side of my head at an exact 90 degree angle, and even, occasionally, further towards straight up. This tendency is exacerbated when I am in need of haircutting, and back when my hair was below my shoulders or even longer, this same tuft has done a pretty good job at the right angle thing --- think four inches straight out like a wing, then the rest limply drooping.
2. Back in high school I had a series of altercations with my parents (not to be confused with the even bigger shitstorms of junior high, which were even more traumatic) about going to college: I was intending to go to a music academy as a music performance major but my parents eventually declared that they would not pay for my college, would disown me, and would refuse to ever speak to me again. They won out, so I went to a big state university and majored instead in ... English. Yeah, big money-maker and secure major there. Every week I called home, for four years, my dad would rib me about not having changed to an engineering major yet. Ironically enough, my niece, who's a junior at a Cal State now, is majoring in music ed. They never said a thing.
3. My fourth toe (the ... ring toe? that just sounds weird) is bent so far it stays under the next-biggest toe. I fear that cute shoes are to blame, and that if I ever go get it looked at, they will make me swear to only wear unhappy orthopedic shoes of the grandmotherly sort.
4. I cannot roll my Rs, nor imitate my cats' purring. Made Spanish class hard, I tell you. I was never able to flutter tongue or growl a note, either, to go back to #2. Unfortunately, that sounds dirtier than it is. Don't worry, I can (or could) make up for that with the increased lung capacity and breathing exercises.
5. I'm pretty claustrophobic ---- had to be carried out of Carlsbad Caverns in full hysterics back in fourth grade, as a matter of fact. It's not usually that noticeable otherwise, but I've picked up on how my mom has to have the window cracked whenever she's in the car, smoking or not, and I wonder if she's got the same problem.
6. My biggest unrequited crush of undergrad was a poet in my creative writing seminar (oh, it gets worse) who somewhat resembled a cross between Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong and Sick Boy, complete with hair that was either platinum or pitch black. We'd sit out in the sculpture garden, him smoking his clove cigarettes, and read over incredibly pornographic and self-indulgent poems about having sex with his girlfriend, who I, and I would have regardless of her relationship with him, hated with a passion. Painful --- in so many ways.
7. Related to point #6, I think I've been through every color on the manic panic rainbow and most of the natural ones besides. This was actually hell for my letters of recommendation requests as none of my professors knew me --- more specifically, they remembered me with totally different hair and didn't believe I was who I said I was.
Now somebody, anybody, step up and do this meme. There doesn't seem to be anybody left!