- I'm back in the library.
- I'm going to be posting a lot the next few days as I force myself to come in and work. Be careful you don't die of boredom reading my posts.
- This morning I worked from 9 to 10:15 in the coffeeshop, when my computer abruptly and unexpectedly died. I did some errands on the way to pick up the power cord and that ate up an hour. Bleah.
- So far I have almost finished up a paragraph. That and I wrote The Footnote That Ate Cleveland. I'm not sure it's quite big enough ---- I want to make sure it has a fighting chance against Godzilla, and right now I think it would only be able to take on Mothra in rigged fight. So it's back to feeding it some radioactive, mutated growth food!
- You wouldn't think it, but Joy Division actually works as writing music. What does it say about me though that my favorite song of theirs is the one where they quote the sick Nazi novel about the sexual experiments in the camps? In my defense, it has the best drum riffs and is nice and clangy sounding.
- It's very nice outside but I can't find an outlet for my laptop. It is extremely stuffy in my library cubicle and it's freezing out here where I have internet access.
lit review goes hereOh wait, this is my relaxation writing, not my work. Never mind.
- I'm getting a little tired. The good news is that I have tons of mindless quote-checking and book-pulling now to get this passage up to complete beauteousness. The bad news is I have tones of mindless quote-checking and book-pulling on my to-do list now.
- I still need to swim today (I skipped yesterday.) Maybe if I can force myself through most of the afternoon I'll be able to swim in the late afternoon and avoid the horrible feeling of swimming on a full stomach.
- My life is boring and I have neither interesting goofing off stories nor actual interesting chapter work to show for this latest period of boringness. Grumph.
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Bullets of Dissertation
Labels: accountability blogging
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I feel your pain. I've been glued to my laptop working on revising a paper.
I'm going to need to find ways to use "beauteousness" in a sentence on a regular basis.
Be careful, Hamlet said that this was a very ill word... unless Polonious said that and Hamlet was the one who liked it. I'm not so up on my Shakespearean adjective-nouns these days.
i love your footnote that ate cleveland! i guess i'm not the only one with paragraph long footnotes...
You are an inspiration, Academic Cog! Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment