Friday, December 5, 2008

Why didn't anyone tell me

about the all-around awesomeness that is Dr. Isis? Seriously, I am in love, overflowing with a special love that can only be evoked by equal amounts love of science, feisty attitude, and hot shoes.

I'm not sure how I got to her blog, but, if you know me at all, you know that everyone in my family does either science or engineering (or math/science teaching), and that, combined with my friendships with wonderful people like Cool Scientist Friend, means that I have a soft spot for scientists and their love of cool and geeky ideas. Mind you, I have no aptitude for science or patience for reading actual science, but reading semi-personal blog posts about the experience of doing science, bringing out the nifty conceptual ideas without making me wade through all the formulas and statistics, that's right up my alley. And since a major part of my support for Cool Scientist Friend is to be a venting-place for all the shit she constantly gets about being female in a hard-science field where nobody dresses sexy and the few women who are in the field are often each others' own worst enemies, I love reading Dr. Isis's posts for their confident, take-no-bullshit tone and assertive femininity. I may have to forward her blog to CSF. I may even have to infringe upon her style and start writing about how hot the Cog looks when she is rocking the heroic couplet in class. Indeed, I may even have to start writing about myself in the third person.

But even that would not be enough to write an entire post on the Domestic and Laboratory Goddess, were it not for her post today nominating her Shoe of the Week, which introduced me to modcloth.com, which had, besides Dr. Isis's preferred boots (which were too pink for me), these little babies:



Damn! I want those! I mean, I like boots, but it is a rare and special boot that inspires me to dream of buying a whole new wardrobe built around them and cultivate a special walk to properly flaunt them. Alas, and tragically, they are not available in my size. So hooray for Dr. Isis, and damn you, Dr. Isis, for causing me to lust after the impossible. Curses!

3 comments:

squadratomagico said...

I endorse your boot lust completely and totally. Nay, I even will go further: I myself lust after those boots. Good choice!

Virginia S. Wood, Psy.D., Instructor said...

She is quite good, isn't she? Hot, even. And I'm not all that into boots.

rosarosae said...

those boots are so nice. i love them and dreamt about them last night. sigh, i think they have disappeared from the interweb in my size as well