Wednesday, March 9, 2011

And my spring break just gets worse

Today I'm throwing the to-do list out the window. Screw that.

I haven't slept yet from last night, despite going to bed at a fairly reasonable hour (1 am?). I can't quite tell what was the problem, cramps or overcaffeination from the cramps medicine or stress or what, but I watched the numbers click by on my clock all night. I feel absolutely crappy right now. Around 8 or 9 I dozed off for a couple hours, and just got up and had breakfast at 11. Meh.

Thing is, I have a lot to do. But I know I have no brain power after that. Maybe I'll do my taxes, since that's on my list, and I can't feel any worse than I do right now, could I? I'll just be piling all the annoyingness together. Last night I was trying to do all my bills and budgets and get all ready for the taxes, but it took longer than I expected and sent myself to bed. (Look how well that turned out!)

Or maybe I'll just go back to bed, listen to the rain, and read. What sucks is that my spring break has not been so far particularly relaxing or productive; instead it's hovering in a highly unpleasant limbo between the two. Sigh. I just hope all this tiredness and sloth means that I will actually feel recovered and well-rested when I come back to school for the forced march through the end of the semester.

Edited to add: trying to do taxes was a massive, frustrating, time-suck. I didn't have all the correct W2s for my zillion-plus different piddly little jobs. But today I did the taxes and got my haircut. That is going to have to count as a productive day for me.

Now I am going to go back to napping and reading trash.

2 comments:

undine said...

It sounds as though you need the rest and the day off, or maybe a walk in the rain--a break, anyway--so you should treat yourself.

Vellum said...

You have my sympathies, both as an insomniac and as someone whose Spring Break has been kinda sh!t. When I get off these antivirals I'm going to have so much work to do, in so very little time. >_<