Friday, March 18, 2011

Three Kinds of Friday Awesome

* I had to come in to campus and give a make-up midterm early this morning. While that in itself is not at all awesome, being stuck in my office not allowed to leave meant that I managed to really buckle down and get through a lot of grading without checking the internet. I could go back and grade some more later today, but I have made it through the day's quota. And I was still in a good mood afterwards!


* One of my office mates left an awesome note for me, saying that one of her students had been raving about how great a class was and how she was having fun while still really thinking about everything. My office mate asked who it was and it turned out it was me! Nice. Also nice is that my office mate thought to pass the compliment along.



* I just ate an enormous, delicious bowl of aloo gobi made by me and now I am in a happy food coma. And I am writing this to you from outside! Bundled up and shivering, but it is a nice day to be out if you have a sweater on. Cloudy and ugly, but in that nice "the coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco" kind of way. And maybe I can convince some postdocs to go hiking!

All in all, not bad.

1 comment:

Bardiac said...

It's amazing what an uplifting thing it is to hear from a colleague when a student talks about what a great teacher you are, isn't it?

Congrats! Well done!