Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I guess there's an upside to being locked in a room for 8 hours

Although at several points during the day I felt exhausted and so wanted to go home and take a nap.

Got there promptly at 8 am, and since I had been too tired to finish grading/commenting on all the drafts the night before, I hauled ass on my grading, even though my first conference wasn't until 10. I have officemates, also conferencing, so I was using a sorta storage-closet-slash-meeting-room-slash-other people-use-it-as-a-temporary-office all day. I was feeling pretty stir-crazy by the end of the day. But! The upside is that there was *nothing* else to do, so I pushed on through all of tomorrow's drafts ---- had a couple no-shows, and all of the meetings ran short, so I had spare time. And I still had time in the afternoon, so I went back to grading that big honkin' stack of midterms I got Monday.

See? There is something to the "prison method" of to-do list productivity.

But.  I was feeling great about all that work, but then I looked at what I have left to do this week --- I need to get all those midterms finished and back, and I have both the conferences and my other classes meeting tomorrow, and I have to grade all the drafts for Thursday, and I have a bunch of job apps coming due and other stuff on Friday, and I still have to prep classes for everything. Gah! Now I don't feel like I've accomplished anything at all!

Tomorrow's conferences are sandwiched between my other classes, so I think there's going to be more running amuk and less grading. Luckily I have another "prison" day on Thursday. Yay?

I would say "just shoot me know," but instead I will count down the minutes to break.

No comments: