Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Limbo

Ok, people, I am here ... but my stuff doesn't get here until Wed afternoon, and I don't get internet hooked up until Thursday afternoon.

Sigh. We'll just have to wait. I tried updating a quick post for you via phone but couldn't get the log in right on that tiny screen and ended up locking the account. So, you'll just have to wait for connectivity for some news. I am in a starbucks right now. I guess the good thing about The Hot Place is that there are many starbuckses. The bad thing is that it is lacking anything outside of the grottiest cheapest fast food chains. I used to reward myself by going out with friends every week or so to a nice restaurant, hopefully local and delicious. Now that doesn't seem to be an option, so I will be cooking at home and then celebrating by cooking more at home.

I guess I should be working on my fall syllabi while waiting for all my boxes of stuff, but I am also seven million different kinds of sick. I hate traveling! And waiting! Argh!

also, I miss my cats, who are here but I am not getting them out of the vet boarding until my furniture is moved in and all the clompy moving people gone. :( Poor kitties.

5 comments:

What Now? said...

Good luck settling into the new digs! All will be well once the movers are there and the cats are with you; it's the cats that make it a home.

Susan said...

There may be holes in the wall you haven't yet found. But cooking is good too!
Can't wait till you have kitties back. They make everything all right!

Fie upon this quiet life! said...

Aw. Poor kitties. It won't be long until all this moving will be a thing of the past. Settling in is always tough, though. I bet you'll find a few good places eventually. It just might take a while. Good luck!!

Bardiac said...

Glad to hear you made it safely!

Soon, everything will feel more homey!

And you'll probably find some decent restaurants, too, once people are around to tell you about them.

Contingent Cassandra said...

Glad you and the kitties are both there safely; that's what counts.

Still, it doesn't sound like much fun to be sick in an apartment with no furniture, in a town where you can't find a decent meal cooked by someone else.

Hope all is more settled by now.