Monday, October 13, 2014

Embarrassing financial related post

Last week --- or was it really already two weeks ago? Dang, time is getting away from me here --- I did my laundry. And like a stupid person, I decided I should separate out and hand wash all my bras like they tell you to, to save the underwires. And instead of taking them back to the apartment with me, I must have left them there, in our complex's laundry room --- and when I went back for them they were gone. 

Arrrgh argh.  I have been trying to make do with what I had on, which was back, and thus really tough to figure out my work wardrobe. So today I bit the bullet and went to Macy's for their sale and got a bunch of bras. Except I had to try at least three ranges of sizes and got up to the checkout and discovered that none of those bras were on sale. Fuckit then. I got them anyway. But talk about annoying expenditures --- the lost bras were only a few months old!!! And these are for work, so no one *should* see them and they are supposed to be boring. Stupid money. I have a lot of wearing out clothes that I should replace instead, so it is all very frustrating. 

So, still no closer to having a house payment or a kayak/rack payment. 

Remind me to never let these bras out of my bedroom unless they are on my body, ok? 

3 comments:

Belle said...

Well, you can take them into the bathroom if you insist on hand washing them. But then, as soon as they're dry - get 'em back into the bedroom/dressing area where they belong.

Or suck it up and throw 'em in with the rest of the wash. So much easier.

I too had somebody steal all my underwear (bras, panties, slips) once. Still gives me the creeps.

Fie upon this quiet life! said...

Ugh! Good bras are so expensive. I wouldn't let these out of your apartment. Hand wash in the sink!

jo(e) said...

That really sucks. I buy expensive bras (I hate cheap ones) and if I had to replace mine, it would cost hundreds of dollars.