Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Ok, I know I have sworn to myself not to check my email, blog, or bloglines while in the library, but I feel justified --- or at least I don't care --- because of this very important announcement to make:

I sent it off! Yippee! Yahoo!

The article, that's what! I have officially submitted and now only await the future crushing defeat of rejection. But that's all in the future and I am a presentist kind of person, so: Yaaaaaay! I have submitted my article!

Its kinda sad not to be able to post a picture of a nice official and important looking manuscript envelope, but the upside is that it is much faster to send it electronically. Yes, now, even now, my article is broken up into a gajillion little pieces and, like Mike Teevee in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, is whizzing along above your very heads. Hmm, maybe I need to take a memorial photograph of my mouse button, clicking on the all-important "Send."

Or I could go back to work. Your choice. I don't feel like actually doing anything else today, but I still have a long long list of Stuff for Summer (and job market) (shh! we don't say those words around here.). Maybe I will treat myself to a fancy coffee and then see if I can trick myself into doing some work.

4 comments:

Flavia said...

Congrats! Fingers crossed. . .

heu mihi said...

Hooray! Good for you!

Dr. Brainiac said...

Congrats! The other option is that you could round up a couple of friends for a few celebratory margaritas.

gwoertendyke said...

congrats....and you've been tagged!