Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Mayday Mayday

So, I have good news and bad news. The good news is that writing from a fairly complete outline is going much faster than I had expected --- that is, when I can spend the day writing instead of teaching. So I'm walking through this draft section and making good progress; I'm at about 6 pages on this text --- drafty, but complete sentences and in the right tone, with relatively few bolded notes to myself.

Thanks for the encouragement on my last post --- I'm not stuck, just want this thing to be magically over without doing the work. Heh. And if it's not written, I can't send it to people for feedback. So I've just gotta do it.

The bad news is that, when a friend invited me to local labor May Day celebrations, I realized that May 1 was the date my advisor and I had agreed I should give her a draft of my last chapter (and circulate the chapters to the rest of my committee soon after). Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

Well, crap. I'm not going to hit that deadline; it'll have to be pushed back. My plan is to give her a complete draft of this subsection/novel I'm working on by then, which is pushing it a bit but doable.

Plus, I have student papers. I haven't looked at them yet, but I assume they will want me to, you know, grade them or something, in the near future.

This all means that I must work and don't get to go have May Day fun this week! Boo! or any fun! Double boo! Ah well, I'll celebrate tonight by linking a bunch of May Day pics, to be there in thought if not in deed:

(I may have to repurpose those cogs for my blog header...)


No comments: