Saturday, August 20, 2011

Back to the grind

Hmm. I have coffee, and I am sitting here on the couch, and I do not feel motivated to tackle anything yet. Perhaps that is partly because I got a new yoga dvd, and tried it yesterday. My reaction at first was "wow, I did the whole hour workout! Hmm, it doesn't feel so bad and I do not feel too overwhelmed. Clearly that means it was too easy!" No. Noooooooo no no no. Let me tell you, I am feeling it today. There are aching muscles in my legs in places I didn't know muscles existed.

I have done my comp classes syllabi, and done the Fruit Studies class, and my Stripy syllabus is mostly done except for finalizing some readings and getting accurate page numbers in. All this is good, and it means I can go back to my article Floyd ---- which, I admit, I have been actively procrastinating from. Sigh. I need to finish this and send it out and be able to update my cv! And there is so much work left to do on it! And there will be no time at all once I get going on the semester! No wonder I feel like prepping my assignments and uploading additional readings instead of tackling the Floydster.

Maybe I will read this ILL I ordered as a way of easing myself back into the project gradually. This person wrote the biography on my author and the title suggests that there is a reading of my text in there, but I'm not sure. Don't wanna be scooped or leave holes that the Author scholar type people would instantly notice. (As a side note, this scholar has published 17 things! Nine full-length books! I don't know how old she is, but I am totally impressed and overwhelmed. And it goes to show you that people do not lose their productivity after tenure, but increase it!)

Ugh. My cat Loquito has just hwarked up some foam on my pile of scrap recycle paper. At least it wasn't a pile of teaching materials, I guess. I suppose I need to deal with that next. Ew.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"hwarked" = LMAO!

I'm impressed by that person who published so much, too.

And I'm impressed by you and how much you've done, too! I only have done three out of the four syllabi I needed to do so far. Energy is dwindling fast. Yikes.

Sisyphus said...

Well, I have two sections of the same comp class, so I really only had three syllabi.

And you should go watch Ren and Stimpy if you want to know more about hwarking!