Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Nope, this just isn't working...

Awww, it's beautiful; it will go so nicely with my red dress.

I love playing Angry Birds and annotating all my PDFs with this new purchase.



It's so exciting to unwrap a new package full of shiny things!!!!!


I've always wanted a complete set of these.

Sure, I'll have to eat ramen for the next three months, but the photos and memories from this experience will make it totally worth it.



Sigh. Nope. No, this just is not as fun to budget for and recover from. This is even worse than shopping for replacement underwear or such. Seriously.

At least everything else went well on the checkup and the mechanic says we can wait another month or two to update the tires. Sigh. I kinda need more groceries, too, to balance out my leftovers. At least those are marginally fun to shop for.

3 comments:

Dr. Koshary said...

It happens, babe. Lots of worse things to pay for!

(Remember, that's just the battery for your car. YOUR battery would be much more serious!)

Anonymous said...

And of all the things to go wrong, the battery is among the cheapest of the things to have to worry about. But I get it. We've got to replace some coils this week. Spending money on the car is *never* fun (unless it's like a cool upgrade like satellite radio or something you want). Good luck sister. And naturally it *always* happens at worst time, too, like the time when you can least afford to fix it. Hugs.

Plus, your red dress would totally upstage the battery any day...

Sisyphus said...

I know, it's not even fun car shopping like for a new car!

But yesterday morning was super cold and windy, and I'm sure that the battery would have been dead if I hadn't just replaced it. So yes, it was a good thing to do. Grumble grumble.