Monday, May 11, 2015

Crash and burn

I wrecked a rental car and a job interview.


I'm officially out of the running at that place now, so ... that happened.


I wanted that sentence to be all zeugma-like and stuff but my word choices don't quite work no matter how I tweak it.

I had a second, in my opinion, completely justified panic attack after marking up the edge of the car.  That will affect my insurance. Whatever. I made it through all the steps and obstacles and back home so I'm not going to think about that any more. If I get a job somewhere and my insurance goes higher I'll pay it, and if I don't get a job and starve to death I won't care if the insurance goes up. Small price to pay for merging.

9 comments:

Bardiac said...

I'm so sorry, Sisyphus. I hope things turn around for you and very soon.

heu mihi said...

Oh, no. I'm so sorry.

Fie upon this quiet life! said...

Shit. What a day. I'm sorry.

Contingent Cassandra said...

Oh,dear. Stuff like this does have a way of clustering. And then, at some (unfortunately unpredictable) point, all the plugging away pays off, and an opportunity opens up. May that point come soon.

P.S. your verification thingy insists that a turkey sandwich on a bun is a hamburger. At least this bodes well for us not being replaced by robo-graders anytime soon.

Belle said...

(adolescent whine): Oh man, that sucks.

(adult sympathy): Crap. Can we at least hope that this is the low point, and that from this will come success and happiness?

JaneB said...

Awww, (((Sisyphus)))

Seconding hopes that this is the low point...

sophylou said...

Sending you virtual hugs and good wishes.

Lucky Jane said...

I'm so sorry, Sis. Something good must be around the corner.

Anonymous said...

:(