Sunday, February 27, 2011

Confused, but I think I'm not the only one

So this morning I went to *$ and got a nice big fat mocha and graded the rest of those stripey midterms. It had three parts, and part three was just like last semester's midterm, with passages from our readings that they had to identify and explain the significance to the larger work and to our class. There were 5.

One student wrote on 6 passages.

I don' t even know what the student could have been responding to. And I couldn't tell you what that student was talking about in the other passages either.

If the handwriting hadn't looked pretty normal, I would say I have now received my first midterm written in Klingon.

It would have been better for the student if the student had done so. Alas.

3 comments:

Dr. Koshary said...

Just when you think you've seen it all...

Vellum said...

...and then a student goes and uses "heritage" as a transitive verb...

Sisyphus said...

Ew, heritage? Like how we now say "I heart that" on facebook?


Brrrr!