Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Meme of Four

Heu mihi --- which is not “hey, you, me” but a cool phrase meaning “woe is me,” who knew? --- has tagged me with a meme. So, voila!

4 first names of crushes:
I’ll stick with a theme, here:
1. Jason (actually two, both in high school)
2. John
3. Jeremy
4. Jim

(*and bonus non-boring-guy-name crush (although, really, that’s not my fault): Gareth, sigh! the original sweet and goofy emo geek of much cuteness.)

4 Pieces of Clothing I wish I still owned (and/or that still fit):
1. my “hi, I’m Kurt Cobain or possibly play guitar for Hole,” outfit consisting of plaid flannel shirt (over white tube top) and shredded tights under cutoffs. It’s the nostalgia, really.
2. a black bolero wrap trimmed with marabou feathers at the neck and cuffs (SF thrift store find)
3. the tiny blue-green plaid miniskirt I wore to the end-of-the-year work party as a junior in college (sadly, it didn’t fit only 6 mos. later).
4. a similarly tiny red dress/miniskirt from when swing dancing was popular, although I didn’t really ever pick up the swing dancing.

4 names I've been called at one time or another:
1. Shorty
2. Smartass
3. Stuck-up bitch (takes one to know one, gf)
4. Professor (I never corrected this this summer; it felt too good! Now all my students are referring to me as “Professor Cog” and I feel a vague wave of guilt under the “hee! Professor!” glee.)

4 professions I secretly want to try:
1. Benevolent Dictator of the World
2. Rock Star
3. Yak Herder
4. Indie coffeehouse owner (think High Fidelity, but with food)

4 musicians I'd most want to go on a date with:
1. Well as long as it’s a magic meme I’d say either Jim Morrison or Jimi Hendrix, even though I think the date would end three days later with me waking up alone and hung over in a small roadside motel of Route 66 with the police pounding down the door. Terrifying, yet who can resist?
2. Oh, and Lane Staley of Alice in Chains would be another impossible, because dead, pick.
3. Thom Yorke
4. Karen Oh from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs

4 foods I'd rather throw than eat:
1. Cheez-Whiz (actually, I’d rather fire it than throw it. Fun!)
2. beets
3. zucchini
4. tapioca pudding (yik!)

4 things I like to sniff:
1. chocolate
2. fresh-baked bread
3. pipe tobacco (once it’s lit, though, all bets are off! This is just for like in a tobacconist shop)
4. babies (no, I’m not snortin' babies! They have that smell --- like the new car smell, only people. I’m serious!)

4 people I tag:
1. Tree of Knowledge
2. Horace
3. Undine
4. Kulturfluff

No comments: