Thursday, June 4, 2009

Who had the brilliant idea to only stock healthy food in the house, I ask you?

I get home and am tired and grumpy and in need of a nap and hungry and want nothing more than some sort of overprocessed, high-fructose-corn-syrup laden, fiber-free, oversalted carbs. And what is there to eat in the house? Cherries. And almonds. And stuff like beans and brown rice that will need hours of soaking and cooking before it is ingestible.

Bleah! I can't unwind from a stressful day using healthy food! Ick!

Grumble grumble.

And yes, I know why I put it there --- the laws of physics do not suspend themselves in regards to calories just because I am grumpy and don't want them to exist --- and I have been in a real rut lately with "treating" myself for one reason or another to lots of fancy coffees and desserts and the whole "hell, why not grab one of those insanely rich and sugary pastries while I am in this coffee shop working." --- but that is no reason to actually have to eat healthy food when one is hungry!


Grumble. If you don't wanna hear more of this ranting, ranting that will be even more explexetive-laden in the near future, go away. I'm planning on giving up caffeine for a while to bring my tolerance back down once I've gotten through all my grading. Meh! You have been warned.

2 comments:

Tree of Knowledge said...

I do the same thing--not buying any yummies because I have no self control and need to eat healthier. But then I just send my husband out for chocolate. During area exams he went out almost every night. But now I'm finding I need oreos less, so not buying is working out better. But, yeah, I hear you. And giving up caffeine too? That takes guts.

medieval woman said...

Hee, hee, hee....you're so funny. :)