Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Troubles with Toasters

I'm not much of a bread person, but I love toast. Especially some nice toasted sourdough (oddly wonderful with butter and honey) or a good sour rye bread toasted up nicely to accompany tomato or butternut squash soup, which doesn't really have much to chew.

Unfortunately, I would easily eat an entire loaf of bread if it was toasted up with the proper toppings, so I hardly ever buy bread.

So the other day I had some lovely soup and toast, lots of toast, and yesterday was cleaning up the kitchen and putting away the toaster, and decided to shake out the crumbs. I looked in and thought, "huh. That's a big, funny-looking crumb." I turned it upside down and shook it, but nothing came out. Then I got some tongs and fished out ...


what the...? It doesn't run anymore and the leather band is dried up like beef jerky.

I thought this was in the box I dump my keys. How did it get there? How long has it been in there?

I swear I clean up around here regularly. Pretty regularly. I swear.

7 comments:

dr four eyes said...

Argh--you're killing me with this talk of bread! I will now spend the rest of the day fantasizing about a loaf of artisinal sourdough bread and a big hunk of butter. Or a chunk of soft cheese. Or both...

Psycgirl said...

Hmmmm... maybe you need to take a big long vacation... I think that is the take home message here :)

Dr. Bad Ass said...

Time is not on your side.

~profgrrrrl~ said...

I feel like there should be something witty to say about all of this ... but I can't think of anything. Still, made me chuckle a bit. I'd find my watch somewhere like that, I'm sure.

Bardiac said...

I would give a lot for a really good loaf of sourdough. /cry

Sisyphus said...

dr four eyes --- you got me, with all your moaning on about carbs --- I went out and just had a big plate of chips and salsa at the local mexican food place! It's all your fault.

I should add that I haven't worn the watch since my spring class ended (who needs to be anywhere on time when they are unemployed?) so I thought I had packed it away months ago. Maybe I left it where the cats could knock it into the toaster? hmm.

Maude said...

hahahaha! that is awesome!