Tuesday, June 1, 2010

ZOMG Why did no one tell me about The Kills!?!?!?

How did I get to this spot on Youtube? Don't ask, it's a long story and lots of serendipitous clicking. Long story longer, I just watched the latest Dead Weather vid and thought, "hey, is that Meg White back together with Jack White?" And a little more internet snooping showed me that Alison Mosshart is in the Dead Weather and this other band, The Kills. Cool sound!

I might or might not get tired of the very simple drum tracks and prefer a drummer. But the hazy, empty, lo-fi sounds remind me of Joy Division and old punk all swirled together while your makeup runs. And I love that Mosshart hawks and spits at the start of this track!

Get yerself some new punk! Listen here and I just may forgive you for not having told me about them sooner.





1 comment:

English Adjunct said...

I was also a bit behind on The Kills, but have loved Alison Mosshart ever since I saw her and The Dead Weather perform "Hang You From the Heavens" on Conan's Tonight Show.