Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Magic Minute ---- 12/12/12

Whoah,  I almost totally missed this!!!!

Let me explain. When my niece was little she used to do something she called the Magic Minute --- if you happen to accidentally look at a clock when the numbers are all the same, like 1:11 in the afternoon, you can make a wish. Everything has lined up for you.

Now, I'm not superstitious, but I love silly easy wish situations. How could you not???

And tomorrow is 12/12/12! Look at how lucky and auspicious that day is! I guess everyone wants to get married tomorrow for the good luck it will bring. Imagine how powerful the Magic Minute is on a lucky day like that!!!! So at exactly 12:12 tomorrow I need to glance at a clock and wish really really hard for ...


the ability to make people laugh so hard they spontaneously pee themselves when I point at them.

Oh wait, yeah, tenure-track job offer, yeah. I dunno... vs. magic powers? Ooh it's a toss-up.


Gonna have to think about it really really hard between now and the next Minute of Magic...











(*I had a friend in my grad-school cohort who said this our first year when we were all wishing for superpowers. It was so weird coming from someone as quiet and serious as her, and so hilarious the way she said it. When we asked why she wanted that power, she said, "Oh, you know, there's always the big lecture survey..." and then pointed at various invisible lecture-goers. She did it again when in the actual lecture the next week, making her wish nearly come true among the cluster of TAs around her. This is the same person who wore a Martha Stewart mask to our first Halloween party and made jokes about Point Break. So if you hear of Martha Stewart robbing banks and leaving behind puddles of giggling victims, we never had this conversation, ok?)

No comments: