Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lego Art

Yes, I know I just posted ---- here, have some quick-and-dirty surrealness to tide you over between other things:

On Flickr, someone is recreating famous photographs in Legos. Like the flag raising at Iwo Jima, Lunch atop a Skyscraper, hippies putting daisies in rifles, etc. They're really cool; go check them out.

("The Unknown Rebel," Tiananmen Square, recreated)

Tip from an art blog watching LA events and galleries.

Also Lego-related, if you haven't seen The Brick Testament before, you should totally go look at it. The site originally stated that it was portraying all the weird, crazy, inconsistent, f'd-up stuff in the old testament that everyone avoids talking about. (I notice that this description isn't up there anymore.) The picture below is from one of my favorite Brick Testament stories, the story of Dinah.


Also, as a side note, I am very sad I am in California and not Boston right now, because there is a Velazquez and El Greco exhibit at the MFA. I am sorry to miss it! Anybody want to fly me out there and squire me around? It's times like these when you need a sugar daddy, sigh.

If you have any other cool Lego site stuff, or any other art stuff in general you think I'd like, leave me a link in the comments.

No comments: